Friday, October 18, 2013

One week post-op


I had my incision check yesterday. I drove the 23 minutes to the RE's office for a nurse to look at my incision sites and tell me that they have no infection and are healing very well.

   *WE INTERRUPT THIS POST FOR A SMALL DIGRESSION* Here, I want to explain that this, to me, is silly. I've talked to this kind, gentle nurse before. She recently graduated from nursing school...in December or May, I don't remember now. I have been a practicing RN on a surgical unit for over 3 years. My daily job literally involves monitoring for infection at surgical incision sites.  We all could have saved ourselves some time. *DIGRESSION OVER*

Actually, I am very thankful that I am healing so well.  I was able to stop taking pain pills after Tuesday. Wednesday I only needed a couple of ibuprofen in the morning and before bed. Yesterday, the pain was localized to the incision sites themselves and was only slightly bothersome a couple of times. Today, well, it's pretty much just like yesterday and that's good enough for me. 

Next week, I go in for my official post-op appointment with the RE.  From what I understand, we are going to be discussing The Plan Going Forward. The discussion will include which medications I need to be on while we attempt this baby making business - I'm thinking progesterone is in and Femara is out. 

Also, it's one more week until Kris and I can finally enjoy each others, ahem, company again. I miss that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment